Monday, July 23, 2012

When it rains, it pours


I've been writing blog posts while at site and in case you couldn't guess there is no power of any kind but I am lucky enough to have an office about 6k away which not only has solar power but also has wireless. Its like heaven and I try to go to the office once a week to recharge all of my batteries, electronic and otherwise.  So the blogs are written the date below:

July 20.2012
Last night Tenenfara had close to 15 inches of rain. I am very glad that my thatch roof is strong because no rain came into my house, also that the Peace Corps has certain standards for the volunteers house because no rain came in through the doors either. One of my mothers rooms had water rush under the corn stalk door. A common occurance apparently because no one seemed shocked or surprised. They really only laughed about it, which is a perfect example of the culture. They laugh at everything, it is wonderful to be around as long as im in a good mood when they are laughing at me. If I am in a bad mood I sometimes take it personally. But I’m getting over that quickly because they laugh at me all the time and I’m learning to laugh with them. What can be better than learning to laugh more often? 

No comments:

Post a Comment