Monday, July 16, 2012

Living on top


Baboo, he hates this photo but its one of my favorites.



The heavy rains caused my fathers' roof to fall through, so we had to replace it. This man is the village roof maker, him with usually two others construct the roof, but he is always the one on the top. Its quite a sight to see this type of roof go together. 

Corn is growing, food will be here soon. 


Baby on the Back, and teaching Dad how to use to camera!


Ramadan starts this weekend, or the coming of the moon.  Ramadan rotates 11 days each year.  As this is my first Ramadan, i'm not exactly sure how its going to work but the principle is that you fast from food, drink, and impure thoughts and activities during daylight hours and eat a breakfast and a dinner before the sun rises and after the sun sets. Regardless of whether I decide to join the fasting or not, I won't be able to eat or drink in public, as its terribly offensive. Ramadan lasts about a month, but pregnant or lactating women and children are allowed to break fast. I'm not sure if I will be joining with the fast because this is one of the hardest years to fast because we are in the middle of the rainy season which means field work all day long. That among other reasons, I need to give fasting some thought. But I have until this weekend to decide/ this weekend to eat as much food as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment