Monday, May 14, 2012

Off to the Bush

Pre-service training is complete! We "the red-headed step children" are all headed to site for 3 permanent months of dedicating ourselves physically and hopefully mentally to our service. Swear-In was a success and a wonderful day. Post-swear in was appropriately celebrated. I am in love with each of the people who swore in along side of me. They are incredible people and I am lucky to be on this journey with them. Not only will they be my constant source of English companionship, but the people with whom I laugh until I cry and cry with until I laugh. And I am overwhelmed with the support and the love show to me from friends and family back home. Thank you, you will make this experience easier. 

I will return to the land of communication at the end of June for an all volunteer conference. Until then, have fun and think of me sweating in the African heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment